Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Times

Times is a new news reader/aggregator for Mac 10.5, which came w/ the latest Mac Heist bundle. After testing it out for a bit I decided to do a quick write up to share my experiences.

At first glance you'll notice how gorgeous the interface for Times looks, it really is a nice looking application. Second, it is really easy to use and you can customize your "news paper" to include any RSS feed you want by simply dragging/dropping.

Really, I have nothing bad to say about Times other then I probably won't be using it much. Ok, I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but let me explain... Times while very powerful and does a great job of creating an actual newspaper atmosphere, just doesn't seem that practical for the amount of feeds that I subscribe to.

When you start using Times (after importing your feeds) you can simply just drag/drop what feed you want where on your paper. However, the page fills up quite quickly and while you can create a new page it can clutter up quite quickly especially if you subscribe to say 25-50 feeds such as I do.

There are some other nice features such as the interactive shelf which reminds me of Stacks, but it just doesn't seem practical for the robust aggregator user. Times is more ideal for the casual news reader who doesn't subscribe to a whole bunch of things.

Below is a pic of the Times user interface.



For more info click here.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!